Job-Start Agder is a 4-day intensive course targeted at international job seekers with higher education, who have gaps in their CV and are unfamiliar with the Norwegian work environment and culture.
The aim of the course is to equip internationals with the necessary tools required to fast track their job search process.
To facilitate this, Welcome Hub Agder has collaborated with organisations and international companies which can offer specialised knowledge and impart necessary skills required to secure a job.
The course will include presentations and workshops that will:
Course dates: 5, 7, 12 & 14 March 2024
- identify and describe informal and formal competence
- identify the pre-requisites for enrolling in formal education that is approved in Norway
- explore job seeking “tools” such as CV and cover letters and tips on how to make them better
- navigate cross-cultural communication in the Norwegian workplace
- provide a speed-networking opportunity - where participants have the chance to connect with local organisations similar to a speed-dating session
Location: Arendal (exact location to be confirmed closer to the course start date)